Get Busy For God!

Scripture Text:“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.” — 1 Corinthians 15:58 (KJV)

Assignment, work, divine calling, purpose
Image Credit: Magnific

DEVOTIONAL

There comes a time when you must stop waiting for the perfect moment and get busy for God. There is work to be done, souls to reach, lives to touch, prayers to pray, truth to teach, gifts to develop, and assignments to fulfil. 

The Kingdom does not advance through spectators. Jesus said, “I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day” (John 9:4). He understood that an assignment carries a season, and a season carries responsibility.

Perhaps you have been saying, “One day I will preach. One day I will write that book. One day I will start that ministry. One day I will serve.” But “one day” can become a graveyard for divine possibilities. A farmer who keeps admiring his seed without putting it into the ground will never harvest. 

Related Post: Find Your Life Work!

What God has placed in your hands may look small, but small obedience can produce eternal impact. Moses had a rod. David had a sling. The widow had a little oil. Your question is not, “What do I have?” but, “What can I do with what God has given me?”

The words of C. T. Studd, n

Only one life, ’twill soon be past, only what’s done for Christ will last.

Beloved, your gift is not merely for personal achievement. Your voice may encourage somebody who is almost giving up. Your testimony may restore someone's faith. Your teaching may open someone's understanding. Your generosity may answer another person's prayer. 

Paul told Timothy, “Neglect not the gift that is in thee” (1 Timothy 4:14). Notice the language: neglect not. A gift can be received and still be neglected. Potential can remain buried when discipline refuses to cooperate with calling.

Jesus told His disciples, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15). That command still challenges the Church today. Get busy praying. Get busy studying the Word, serving, evangelising and building what God has entrusted to you. Do not wait until you feel important before you become useful. 

Related Post: Born to Reign!

Faithfulness in little things prepares you for greater assignments. You may not yet have a platform, but you have people around you. You may not have a crowd, but you have influence. Start there.

The enemy would love to keep you occupied with comparison, fear, procrastination, and endless preparation. But there is a difference between preparing and postponing. Ask God for wisdom, then move. Take the step. Make the call. Write the message. Help someone. Teach what you know. Pray for someone. Use your hands for the Kingdom. One day, this earthly opportunity will end, but what you do for Christ will carry eternal value.

REFLECTION QUESTIONS

1. What assignment has God placed in my heart that I have been postponing?

2. Am I preparing faithfully, or am I using preparation as an excuse for delay?

3. What can I do today with the gifts, time, and opportunities God has already given me?

PRAYER KEY POINTS

Father, IJN: Awaken every dormant gift and divine assignment within me. Give me grace to arise and get busy for Your Kingdom.

Father, IJN: Deliver me from procrastination, fear, comparison, and distractions. Help me redeem my time and use it wisely.

Father, IJN: Make my life fruitful and useful in Your hands. Let my labour bring glory to Christ and blessing to others. Amen.

FURTHER BIBLE READING

Ecclesiastes 9:10
Matthew 25:14–30
Romans 12:6–8
Ephesians 5:15–17
2 Timothy 4:1–5

COMMIT TO MEMORY

“Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.” — Ecclesiastes 9:10 (KJV)

ASSIGNMENT

Identify one thing God has been prompting you to do and take one practical step toward it today. Do not merely plan it—begin it.

Do not wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great.

Also Read : Living in Love!